Kitty Profiles

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sorrow Remains

On this day six months ago, I said goodbye to one of my best friends. Yes, some of my best friends are cats and I have no shame admitting that. To many, Donovan was just another stray cat in my neighborhood and not a very pretty one at that. To me, Donovan was a reminder of myself and a beautiful gift.


I'll never forget one night she showed up on my front porch literally soaked to the bone. Often when I close my eyes, I imagine her walking head down through the heavy rain determined to reach  the shelter of my porch.  Many times of my life were like walking through blinding rain seeking shelter.

I wish I would have brought you into the house sooner Donovan. I wish I would have known how to cure oral cancer. I wish I could know with complete certainity that having you put to sleep was the best thing for you. Doubts still linger.

I miss these sweet white sock paws of yours:


I miss your constant purr. I miss your gratitude and love. I miss everything about you. I wanted to write a long, eloquent, sincere post worthy of you but the tears are coming too strong now.

Until we meet again my girl, know that I still love you:


3 comments:

gr said...

donovan's pain and suffering ended 6 months ago. i bet she wishes she could end yours too!

AbbiKat said...

Wow that was good G&R thanks.

LG said...

Can't believe it's been 6 months since we last saw your sweet face Miss Donovan! Looking forward to the reunion in heaven!