Kitty Profiles

Friday, June 24, 2011

Kitten Rescue times Six

It all started when Momma's neighbor called and said "Can you come over? I want to show you something." Momma went over right away and was ushered into the laundry room. When the door opened, she saw 6 kittens. Her neighbor explained she found these 5 week old babies (orange one is 8 weeks) behind a furniture store. They were very skinny and flea infested. With temperatures soaring into the low 100s outside, she knew she had to rescue them. My Momma immediately offered to help and for the past week has been spending entirely too much time away from me. This little boy was not eating on his own and had to be bottle fed for 3 days:


















Thankfully all of the kittens are now drinking kitten formula or eating food on their own:

















The problem is these kittens are now attached to my Momma. Just look at them! They all want on her lap... the picture on the right shows how all 6 of them managed to be on her at the same time.


I'm absolutely convinced my Momma adores me and would never keep one of these fur balls, but this litter is trying their best to wrestle into Momma's heart and stay forever at my house. I need to turn up the Abbi charm.    (Below this post is their family protrait.)

4 comments:

gr said...

Yippee our cousins are safe!!!! abbi tell your momma thank you from us, we know what it feels like to be alone. we also think you would be fine with them living with you, look how well you do with the others already!! convince her that she needs to take them in, do not separate them, they need eachother!!! just think of all the things you can teach them!

AbbiKat said...

Gracie and Riley you must have gone insane now that you live in the north... there is no way I would permit any more felines to enter MY home. I am all my Momma needs!

LG said...

Abbi my love, Do I detect a bit of jealosy creeping into those feline bones?

AbbiKat said...

Jealousy? What is that? No sir, those kittens may be cute but no feline loves Momma like I do.