Kitty Profiles

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Donovan's Ears: Part Two

I have survived many unpleasant circumstances while I lived outside as a "stray" however nothing is quite as terrifying as being forced into a carrier, placed inside a car, and told you are going to the vet:
As an aside, I greatly admire the female human for securing the carrier with the seatbelt. One can never be too careful when transporting felines.... this is especially true in my case because I attempted every escape maneuver I could imagine but to no avail. I was trapped:
When we got to the vet, I was very happy the female human actually kept her promise and stayed with me the entire time. I tried to make myself invisible behind the faucet of the sink, in the sink, behind the soap dispenser, and even under the scale however I discovered too late that I was not blessed with superkitty powers... the vet found me no matter where I hid. He did all kinds of things to me which I'd rather not discuss, but suffice to say at the first opportunity I willingly went back into the carrier. After another car ride, the female human brought me back to the human dwelling. I was so thankful and quite astonished that I had not been dropped off or abandoned. She then instituted a routine of putting drops in my ears. Initially I thought she was torturing me, but after a few days I realized my ears did not itch any more. Perhaps I have finally found a human who actually loves me! Hope abounds in my kitty heart.

3 comments:

Grace and Riles said...

hey guys, we've been talking and we have a question for y'all southerners...in case you didnt hear, the big white furry thing that lives with us has been sick, to the point where its not even fun to annoy her anymore. she seems pretty down so we wanna know if this blog is restricted to felines only or do you think we can ask her if she wants to join in?? maybe it will help perk her up, let us know!

AbbiKat said...

As you know felines are the greatest species ever created, so we welcome any creatures to join our banter. Hope you feel better white furry thing. (Donovan)

LG said...

Donovan, You keep that love in your kitty heart for Mamma.....rest assured she will never abandon you, she is full of love for all us felines! Northern sisters what a great idea to open up the blog to white furry thing. Hope she fesls better. Sounds like she might just need a trip to the vet also.