Kitty Profiles

Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Pet Grief Observed , Part 3

I am so thankful for this blog. Without it there would not be nearly as many pictures or videos of my wonderful cats. I encourage anyone who has a pet, to take a lot of pictures... especially when they are doing something you love or something that makes you laugh. I treasure every memory I have of Donovan and the fact that I have some of those memories documented means even more to me.

One of the things I loved about Donovan was she always wanted to be pet. If you stopped, she would grab your hand with her paws and pull you close to her face.


No matter what kind of day I was having, when she would do this I instantly felt better. It never ceased to amaze me how the need to touch, the desire to have one close, the kindness of offering love was evident in her. She loved me and I loved her. I cannot express how grateful I am to have this recorded so I can watch it over and over again. She doesn't seem so far away.

1 comment:

LG said...

Momma, she isn't so far away.