Kitty Profiles

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Donovan - Drool

I'm still assimilating myself into human culture. One custom the female human is steeped in involves applying her lips to my head. Apparently it is a common act designed to display human affection. She calls it a "kiss." Wanting to impress her with my vast knowledge of human behavior, I emphatically rub my lips all over hers. Did I mention I'm a self-confessed drooler? Yes, when I am happy I drool. What I failed to realize is humans find it offensive to place your happy cat drool on their lips. Thankfully the human overlooked the offense with a tight lipped smile and ran off to wash her face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Donovan, LG here. The female human is such a kisser. She showers me w/kisses all the time! It's like sooo surprising the first time she puts her face up to your face, but all in all it's not a bad thing. I don't get the drooling thing tho. What's that all about?

Anonymous said...

yo big D, G&R coming at ya from cold PA. we concur with LG, whats up with the drooling man, cant you keep your cat mouth shut??? we realize you have some issues so we're concerned about you, thats all. oh well, keep working on it and we'll give you a meow later on....peace saliva cat lol

AbbiKat said...

Have you ever seen the Disney movie "Bolt" ? There's a line in there that goes "It's my mark of power, cat." Well drooling is my mark of happiness. You can Google it and see that many cats drool when they are happy. Thanks for the concern but I assure you it's quite normal. --- Donovan