Kitty Profiles

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

1st Kitten Rescue

I was the very first kitten the humans rescued. They were on their way into a restaurant when I did my best to be noticed. I started walking on top of cars and meowing as loudly as I could. The male human was not at all in favor of my behavior and told me in no uncertain terms that I was forbidden to walk on his car. The female instantly went into pity mode. I was 9 months old, very skinny, and had a nasty flea infestation. When I started crunching on a bread stick I found in the gravel, the female could take no more and stooped down to pet me. She told the male "We can't just leave him here. We have to do something." This of course was music to my ears. She scooped me up and the next thing I knew I was inside a car! The next day the vet told the female that although I was malnourished I could be a model with my high cheek bones and long legs. Perhaps she didn't hear this because all she kept saying was "poor lil guy." She took me to her house where I met the most beautiful feline creature I had ever seen. Her name was Abbi and I was a smitten kitten. I followed her everywhere and demonstrated every sign of adoration I could muster in her presence. She was even gorgeous when she was angry which was every time I came near. Despite all my wooing, she continued to reject me with vicious growls and vocal warnings to get out of her house. The female human known as Momma finally relented and began looking for a new home for me. I didn't want to go anywhere. I only wanted to be around my Abbi. Within a few days Grammie and Pappy offered to let me live at their house. The name Lil Guy stuck, LG for short, although sometimes Momma calls me scruffy boy. I've lived in my new home for 3 years now and I love it, especially when Abbi comes to visit.

7 comments:

Gracie and Riley said...

hey LG, ur looking better than a kitty has a right to...meow!!!! we forgot how handsome you are, too bad we're so far away or we might be able to hang out over some cat nip. please pass on our sincere thx to the female human for saving you...G&R proclaim LG rocks!!!

LG said...

Thank you, thank you very much G&R. I remember the day Momma brought you two to my house. It was the day of your long trek north. I admire you for traveling so far. I've heard you have a fantastic home now and love that male human of yours. Both of you have got it going on in the looks department. If not for my undying love and devotion to Abbi, I would certainly take you up on your offer!

Anonymous said...

What kind of car was it anyway?

Anonymous said...

I bet it was a nice one!

Anonymous said...

Does LG now have groupies? Are they even old enough to date?

LG said...

Hey Abbi, Thanks for publishing me. Does this mean that you are finally weakening and having second thoughts about us?

AbbiKat said...

LG, Momma made me do it.