Kitty Profiles

Friday, March 18, 2011

Frogs for Friday

The sky unleashed quite a rain fury the other night. I was eager to see what poor, defenseless creature would seek shelter in my procured human porch. I didn't have to wait long before a frog hopped in and soon realized it was basically trapped with me. Since I am of a highly civilized species, I first engage in friendly banter with the thing. Since it is of an amphibian species, it has no clue what I am saying. As I ponder my next move, the female human comes out to "check on me." I am less than forthcoming as to how I am since I don't want her to see the frog and ruin my fun. The rain has settled in and promises to last all night so I need something to abate my boredom. Just as the female is turning to go back inside, the cursed frog decides to jump and reveal its location. Perhaps it likes its odds with her over me? I watch in horror as she catches the frog then announces it need not fear, she is merely transporting him to the front porch where he will be safe. When will the abuse end? To make matters worse, I cannot even provide evidence of this outrage. The storm knocked out the surveillance camera.

1 comment:

LG said...

Shia, I know how ya feel girl, I love to play w/geikos' and wouln't ya know everytime I get one cornered the human female finds it and puts it in a kitty-free environment! I've never had a frog make it's way in my screened box tho. I'll keep an eye out.